1. A set of formatting instructions saved with a specific name for repeated use is called a(n)
2. What is one advantage of AutoFormat?
3. What is one advantage of using the Style Gallery dialog box?
4. To remove the AutoFormat just applied,
5. Which of the following is a way to apply a format to a document?
6. Which of the following corrections does AutoFormat not apply to a document?
7. Which of the following cannot be done in the Template section of the Style Gallery dialog box?
8. Which of the following statements about naming a style is true?
9. What is the maximum number of characters for a style name?
10. Which option should be selected from the Format drop-down list at the New Style dialog box to adjust the color, size, and character spacing?
11. Which option should be selected from the Format drop-down list at the New Style dialog box to adjust dot leaders?
12. Which option should be selected from the Format drop-down list at the New Style dialog box to adjust indentations and line spacing?
13. Which option should be selected from the Format drop-down list at the New Style dialog box to adjust horizontal and vertical positioning of an object?
14. Which of the following is not a valid shortcut key combination for naming a style?
15. If a style is modified within an open document,
16. How many styles can be applied at a time to the same text?
17. What should be done to remove an unwanted style?
18. How would you make a user-created style available in another document?
19. It is possible to delete Word's standard styles.
20. If a shortcut key was not applied to a style when the style was first created, the user must recreate the entire style and apply the shortcut key.
21. Word allows styles to be applied using shortcut keys.
22. The user can specify formatting instructions for a new style without applying them to the current text.
23. Users can create their own styles in Word.
24. Style names can include spaces and commas.
25. AutoFormat can be used to change two hyphens to a dash.
26. The AutoFormat rules cannot be changed.
27. The Normal style includes such things as center alignment, single spacing, Widow/Orphan control turned off, and italics.
Materials posted on this site are copyrighted by Paradigm Publishing Inc. Permission is granted by the publisher to adopters of the text product that this electronic material accompanies to reproduce portions of these materials, and to adapt them as needed for educational use at a single location.