If the Insert Refreshable Stock Data option does not appear in your drop-down menu, you may need to download an add-in. To download this add-in, complete these steps:
1. Make sure you are connected to the Internet and then go to www.microsoft.com.
2. At the Microsoft home page, click the Downloads option located in the Resources section of the left sidebar.
3. At the Download Center window, type Office 2003 Stock Quotes Add-in in the Keywords (optional) text box and then press Enter (or click the Go button).
4. At the next window, click the Office 2003 Add-in: Stock Actions for the Research Task Pane hyperlink.
5. At the next window, click the Download button.
If you do not want to download this add-in, skip those steps in the exercise referring to the Insert Refreshable Stock Data option.
Text Correction for Benchmark Excel Expert, Chapter 4, Assessment 10
Step 6. You want to know the average trade-in value on kayaks more than five years old. In cell I12, enter Average trade in on kayak > 5 years. Widen column I to display the entire criteria text. In cells K12 and K13, enter the necessary criteria for the function. In cell J12, enter a Dfunction that calculates the average trade-in value on kayaks more than five years old. Format cell J10 as currency.
Step 7. You want to know how many kayaks are in stock that are less than 16 feet long. In cell I15, enter Number of kayaks <16 feet. In cells K15 and K16, enter the necessary criteria for the function. In cell J15, enter a Dfunction that calculates the number of kayaks that are less than 16 feet long.
Step 11. You want to know the maximum profit on kayaks with a price less than $600. Enter Maximum profit kayaks <$600 in cell I21. In cells K21 and K22 enter the necessary criteria for the function. In cell J21, enter a Dfunction that calculates the maximum profit on all kayaks that have a price less than $600. Format cell J21 as currency.
Materials posted on this site are copyrighted by Paradigm Publishing Inc. Permission is granted by the publisher to adopters of the text product that this electronic material accompanies to reproduce portions of these materials, and to adapt them as needed for educational use at a single location.