IRC Site Map
Syllabus and Grading Plans Model syllabus helps instructors plan course structure. Evaluation tools such as a grading sheet, Concept Review checklist, and Skill Review checklist are also provided.
PowerPoint Presentations Teaching slides for each chapter enhance class presentations. These are also provided on the student IRC.
Chapter Instructor Resources Brief descriptions of each chapter’s contents also include descriptions of some of the common problems learners have with this material along with possible solutions.
Skill Check Model Answers For most Skill Review exercises, answers will vary. Therefore, only model answers for Chapters 12 and 13 are provided. (Files are provided as both live files and in PDF format. They are provided in only PDF format in the Computer Lab section of the student IRC.) See the Chapter Instructor Resources for more information regarding assessment of student work.
Concept Review Answers Model answers for the Concept Review questions are provided.
Net Check Answers Answers for the end-of-chapter multiple choice and true-false questions are provided.
Key Terms Review and Answer Keys Matching exercises based on chapter terms and definitions are provided for each chapter along with corresponding answer keys. These exercises, without the keys, are also provided in the Lecture Hall section of the student IRC.
End-of-Chapter Model Answers For most end-of-chapter projects, answers will vary. Therefore, only model answers for Chapters 12 and 13 are provided. (Files are provided as both live files and in PDF format.) See the Chapter Instructor Resources for more information regarding assessment of student work.
Assessment Materials Ready-to-give chapter quizzes and unit quizzes are provided, along with answer keys. Chapter quizzes consist of 10 multiple-choice and 10 true-false questions. Unit tests contain 50 questions (multiple-choice, true-false, fill-in-the-blank, and short-answer formats).
- PowerPoint Presentations Help students prepare for class lectures or review chapter content.
- Chapter Objectives Help students focus study of chapter content.
- Chapter Outlines Provide students with an overview of chapter content.
- Key Terms Review Matching exercises based on chapter terms and definitions are provided for each chapter to help students master terminology.
- Tech Tutorials
- Tips for Communicating Online
- Tips for Course Success
- Tips for Taking Tests
- Quizzes An extension of the Knowledge Check feature found on the Encore CD, these multiple-choice quizzes are available for concept review from any computer with an Internet connection.
- Skill Review Model Answers Only PDF format provided for student access. Both live files and PDF format are provided to the instructor.
- End-of-Chapter Resources PDF files of the end-of-chapter features including Chapter Summary, Key Terms, Net Check, Virtual Perspectives, Internet Lab Projects, and Internet Research Activities are provided for on-line reference.
- Windows Tutorials
- Internet Tutorials
- Technology Web Links
- Technology Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Building a Web Page
- Successful Web Searching
- Troubleshooting Your PC: A Guide
- Glossary and Appendices PDF files of the book’s glossary and appendixes are provided for on-line reference.